Cataloguing calculator and other favourites

The Cataloguing Calculator


Back in 2012 I wrote a post about the cataloging calculator which included some exercises for those who want to learn how to use it. That post still gets stats and I get a couple of emails each year asking about the tool. So, I figure that the tool and the post might be of interest to my new readers. Have a look at the original post:  http://donnaefrederick.blogspot.com/2012/06/metadata-update-8-cataloguing.html

Metadata Maker


Another tool from a few years back is The Metadata Maker which was created by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library.  This is a particularly useful tool to use when you need to get cataloguing help from subject or language experts who may have little or no cataloguing experience.  I've used the tool with my research assistant who created records using it.  I then loaded all of her records into MARCEdit where I corrected and enriched her records.  

This is the link below will take you to the form for the metadata maker for a monograph.  Note that there are additional forms for serials, data, ebooks, maps, theses and dissertations, etc.  There is a drop-down menu on the form that you can use to access the other forms.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metadata Update #20: April 2014 RDA updates

U.S. Indigenous Literature Awards Webinar

Metadata Update #24 : Metadata as part of the user experience